Technical Requirements for On-line Games
Return to the Games
- If you're using a third-party Popup Blocker, disable it or allow popups from this site (www.chem.yorku.ca).
- In Netscape 7, on the main menu choose "Edit" then "Preferences". Then
- Double-click "Privacy & Security", then click "Popup Windows". Un-check the "Block unrequested popup windows" checkbox to disable entirely. (To instead allow popups from this site without disabling the blocking feature, click on the "Allowed sites" button, type www.chem.yorku.ca or *.yorku.ca in the textbox and click the "Add" button. Click the "OK" button to close the Allowed Sites window.)
- Double-click "Advanced", then click "Scripts & Plugins" and make sure that the top checkbox labelled "Enable scripts for Navigator" is checked.
- Click "OK" to close the Preferences window.
- In Internet Explorer 6, on the main menu choose "Tools" then "Popup Blocker". Either pick "Turn Off Pop-up Blocker" (which will disable it entirely) or pick "Pop-up Blocker Settings", then type www.chem.yorku.ca or *.yorku.ca in the textbox and click the "Add" button. Click the "Close" button to close the Pop-up Blocker Settings window.
- Under Windows XP with SP2, Internet Explorer 6 may additionally prevent these games from functioning properly by limiting script control. The easiest method of addressing this is to place the site in the "Trusted Sites" security "zone". To do so, choose "Tools" on the main menu, then "Internet Options". Click on the "Security" tab, choose "Trusted Sites", then click the "Sites" button. Type www.chem.yorku.ca or *.yorku.ca in the textbox and click the "Add" button. Un-check the "Require server verification ..." checkbox and click the "OK" button to close this window. Then click "OK" to close the Internet Options window.